Laminate Panels v/s. Ceramic Tiles
After a long day at the office, there is nothing better than coming home and having a warm bath or shower to relax, refresh and rejuvenate. An aesthetically pleasing bathroom can also help to create a calming mood, which is why many people enjoy renovating this part of the house.
However, planning a Bathroom Remodel requires homeowners to consider many factors, including cleaning, maintenance, and whether to bring in a professional or DIY to save on costs. The style will also influence the project, so it’s essential to do your research into various materials.
Therefore, to educate you about Laminate Panels and Ceramic Tiles, Anew Bath Concepts has explained both products in detail and has highlighted which one is best for you based on your requirements. Read on to learn more.
1. Laminate Panels
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- It’s a more natural product created with seven layers of 100 % waterproof Baltic Birch plywood.
- No joint (grout) lines for mold or mildew to build up, antimicrobial surface. Easy to clean and hygienically wash with soap and water or mild detergent.
- It’s offered in multiple textures similar to tile, stone and wood.
- It costs more than standard acrylic surrounds but less than tile.
- The installation may require a professional.
- It originates from Norway, so there could be supply chain issues. (our product supplier has diligently kept ample inventory in the States).
- There’s a limit to designs with accent pieces, as shown in tile projects with border effects.
2. Ceramic Tile
- It’s long-lasting and durable.
- Ceramics are less expensive than porcelain tiles.
- Most ceramic tiles are non-porous for mold and mildew growth. However, keep in mind that grout is porous (for the most benefit, use less grout and joints, larger tiles are better).
- The costs and time associated with the installation of tiles exceed other options for flooring and walls.
- Ceramic tile is non-porous; however, the grout lines are not, and it can become a breeding ground for mold and mildew unless properly sealed every six months.
- If you have damaged ceramic tiles, the repair is much more complex than other products.
- While installing tiles is considered a DIY project, it may have costly effects later if not done correctly.
Which is best for you?
The client who prefers a product with a lifetime warranty, fashion-forward style options, and easy maintenance should choose Laminate Walls. The client seeking a durable, long-lasting, more classic appeal should choose Ceramic Tiles.
Expert opinion: We promote Laminate Walls more than Ceramic tiles, as the pros outweigh the cons when comparing the two.
Get in touch with us today!
If you want to renovate your bathroom, reach out to Anew Bath Concepts. We are a Full-Service Bathroom Remodeling Company in Forsyth, IL, offering quality craftsmanship. Our team specializes in bathroom, tub, and shower remodeling and design services. We also offer cleaning solutions to clients.
We serve clients across Forsyth, Decatur, Mt. Zion, Chatham, Springfield, Taylorville, Lincoln, Champaign, Shelbyville, Sullivan, Bloomington, and the surrounding areas.